Choosing the Best Spinning Reel for Fishing Under $25
The best spinning reel on the market has many variables. Do you want top-of-the-line crappie fishing reels or are middle-of-the-road spinning reels good enough? You might be one that looks for the least expensive spinning reel on the market. Whatever your idea is of the best spinning reel for crappie this article should cover all the bases.
SPINNING REEL FOR CRAPPIE FISHING UNDER $25
For you crappie anglers that don’t feel that you need an expensive reel for the style of crappie fishing you do, this paragraph is for you. I kind of fall in the middle when it comes to crappie fishing. I have really cheap reels on my spider-rigging rods because they are really only there to hold the line, at least in most crappie fishing scenarios when spider-rigging. A lot of times your fishing in relatively shallow water. Even in 10 to 12 feet of water you can just lift the crappie up to and swing it to your hand when using 12 to 16-foot crappie rods.
While I have not fished with all the reels listed here as the best spinning reel for crappie fishing, I will say that I have fished with most of the brands that I am listing here and have had no trouble with the customer service or functionality. It should go without saying that when purchasing a spinning reel for these lower prices they will not be of the quality of some other more expensive spinning reels. Having said that considering what you plan to use the reels for these reels that I am listing for under $25.00 should give you years of serviceability and fun out on the water. I am also only listing spinning reels with a 4 star or better rating and have more than 50 reviews. So check out the best spinning reels for under $25.00.
Sougayilang Spinning Fishing Reels
I have never used this brand but with the high review rating and the number of reviewers, I feel that it is a quality low-cost spinning reel for crappie fishing. I have seen many posts on social media saying that people were happy with their purchase. They say that it is plenty smooth enough and durable enough especially for the money.
- This Fishing Reel is a Spinning Reel with 5.2:1 Gear Ratio 11Ball Bearings
- It has a CNC machine cut ABS collapsible handle and is Left or Right Hand Interchangeable.
- This Sougayilang Spinning Reel has a Fully adjustable cast control with sound S-curve oscillation for very good line retrieve.
- Ultra-thin streamline designed body and Aluminum spool with high-tensile gears.
- Plenty of sizes to choose from
Piscifun Flame Spinning Reel
- Exquisite Appearance – The matte black body paired with the red aluminum spool, perfectly indicate its name Flame. You will be flattered by having these sharp and modern spinning fishing reels with a unique hollow body, X shape spool, and personalized handle. Far more advanced feeling than other spinning reels at its price
- Lightweight – Thanks to the relatively narrow hollow graphite body and the lightweight reel gears, the Piscifun Flame reels light to 8.5oz, makes you enjoy the ultimate fishing trips
- Incredible Smooth – 9 quality ball bearings plus one roller bearing paired with precision gears engagement, you will enjoy the buttery smooth performance on the Flame spinning fishing reel. Better to choose 2000 and 3000 series reels if you are into freshwater fishing. If you are chasing big fish or saltwater species, 4000 and 5000 would be a better option.
- Pure Power – Piscifun Flame fishing reels offer incredible drag power up to 19.8Lb. Plenty of great features have been given to this spin reel, the reinforced metal main shaft, high-quality drive gear, precisely machined brass pinion gear, and triple drag washers, make you easily fight with the giants
- Braid Ready Spool – Only available on high-end spinning reels braid ready spool makes the Piscifun Flame a super value reel. Piscifun is continuously providing the most cost-effective fishing tackle for you anglers
Quantum Fishing Optix Reel
When you’re out on the water, you need a tackle setup that can help you catch more fish. Crappie anglers will enjoy the balance between value and performance that is found in the lightweight Quantum Optix fishing reel. A three-ball bearing system along with the double anodized spool offers a smooth, response when reeling. The stainless steel bail is remarkably durable and resists corrosion.
- Freshwater spinning reel offers the ideal balance of value and performance
- Three-bearing system and double anodized spool offer smooth, responsive reeling
- Lightweight, stainless steel bail wire is remarkably durable
- 5.2:1 gear ratio; 22 I.P.T.; 190-yard, four-pound line capacity; three bearings; 7.1-ounce weight
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty
These are some great reels for your crappie fishing that are under $25. These reels are for sure plenty good enough for most crappie fishing applications and will serve you well as an avid crappie angler. I would not be afraid to put any of these reels on my spider-rigging setup and while I prefer a little higher-priced reel for my all-day casting or deep jigging these reels would definitely fit that bill as well. With livescope being so popular, casting will become less and less important. Dropping straight down or just tossing a jig a few feet to some brush that you know is there will eliminate the need for fancy reels. These low-cost alternatives will work in almost all applications when it comes to crappie fishing.
HOW TO CAST A SPINNING REEL
This is a great video explaining how to cast and can help you make a better cast and catch more fish.
Check Out Crappie Color Connoisseur