What is the perfect Panfish Setup
The perfect panfish setup is one with durability, castability and smooth drag system. Panfishing often requires a lot of casting and reeling when you are searching for a school that is biting. This requires a good smooth panfish setup to be more comfortable throughout the day with less line twist and just overall functionality.
Panfish Series Spinning Rods
The best fishing is always in the water that’s near you. For many anglers fishing opportunities in the lakes, ponds, rivers and streams found within a few miles of where we live. The fishing is always sweet, and there’s never a shortage of opportunity or excitement. St. Croix ensures you make the most of your outings with the rods engineered for every angler, style and species.
Designed specifically for the devoted panfish angler, this specialty series is unlike any other panfish rods out there. These blanks are constructed of a dynamic blend of SCVI and SCII graphite providing responsive touch and balance for fish that require the utmost finesse.
- Sea Guide guides with stainless steel rings and frames.
- Sea Guide XMS split style reel seat with custom insert for sensitivity and comfort.
- Premium-grade cork handle.
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish.
- Built to provide superior performance for trout, crappie, bluegill and other panfish.
The ‘Action’ of a rod is determined by where a rod flexes along the blank. Faster action rods flex mostly near the tip. Moderate action rods flex more near the middle of the blank. Slower action rods flex down into the butt section.
The ‘Power’ of a rod refers to how much pressure it takes to flex the rod. Different rod powers are engineered to efficiently handle a certain range of lure weights and line sizes. To select a rod power that will perform best for you, simply narrow your choices to rods
designed to cast the weight of lures and sizes of lines you’ll fish with most often
Abu Garcia Orra S Spinning Fishing Reel
- Ultralightweight, durable spinning fishing reel with X-Craftic gearbox and C6 carbon body
- 6 stainless steel HPCR bearings and 1 roller bearing offer long-lasting durability and smooth operation
- Rocket Line Management System delivers long-range, accurate castability with all types of fishing line
- Carbon Matrix drag system provides smooth and consistent drag
- Everlast bail system and corrosion-resistant shaft offer long-lasting durability
Not a mono, not a braid, this is the next generation of fishing line. This ultimate spinning reel fishing line consists of hundreds of Dyneema nanofilaments. Being linked molecularly in the manufacturing process, Nanofil is shaped to form a unified filament fishing line. Nanofil is made out of gel-spun polyethylene. Much like a superline, Dyneema is the world’s strongest fiber and gives Nanofil superline type strength. Berkley’s uni-filament process gives it a combination of casting and sensitivity never before seen in any line category.
Use fixed floats in the shallows or use a float stop and let the float slide to reach deeper fish. Thill Premium Weighted Floats come in several sizes to balance with the weight of your jig. The vibrant orange color makes it easy to see. There is also another less known float rig. The waggler rigged float is perfect for fishing shallow water.
Lindy Mini Stealth Float
- Versatile float for fishing shallow water
- Rig it as a slip float a fixed float or waggler style
- Available in 5 sizes to suit your fishing situation
Check Out Squirrel Tail Jig for Bluegill